Creating and maintaining a stewardship organisation
Creating and Maintaining a Stewardship Organisation
How to create a Stewardship Organisation
You have to be an Administrator to add a new Stewardship Organisation
1. Go to “Administrator Tools” at the bottom of the Dashboard side menu
2. Select "Manage Stewardship Organisations"
3. Select "Add Organisation"
4. Add in a Name for the Stewardship Organisation and a Definition
5. Once done, click the
button and you will be taken to the new Stewardship Organisation page.
Maintaining a Stewardship Organisation
Stewardship Organisation settings
1. To get to a Stewardship Organisations settings, select the
2. In the
tab settings, you can change or add:
- Slug - This is what shows up in the URL for the Stewardship Organisation
- Name - You can change the name
- State - This is where you can change the visibility of this SO.
- "Active" means this SO is active and visible to all uses of the Registry.
- "Private" means this SO is only visible to users who are members of this SO.
- "Deactivated & Visible" means this SO is visible to all users of the Registry, but content cannot be added into this SO.
- "Deactivated and Hidden" means this SO is only visible to Admins of the Registry, and content cannot be added into this SO.
- Definition - You can change the definition
- Profile picture - You can add a profile picture for the SO, this will be visible on the Browse page and the SO's Homepage.
- Banner image - You can add a banner image, this will show up above the definition on the SO's Homepage.
- External URL - You can add an external URL that will show up under the profile picture on the SO's Homepage.
3. In the
tab, you can see how many users per role are in the SO.
4. In the
tab, you can add in auto signup for specific email extensions. Users who are invited
to join the Registry that have the email extensions specified in the SO's Allowed Domains will have the option, when creating their account, to join the SO.
The "Role for automatically joining users" is where you can set the role for users who automatically sign up to the SO. You can only set up one role for all the allowed domains, but this can be changed at any time.
5. In the
tab, you can add a new label that can be attached to Issues when they are created.
You can also Edit and Delete the Issue labels from here.
How to add members to a Stewardship Organisation
How to add members to a Stewardship Organisation You must either be an Administrator of the Stewardship Organisation or be a Registry Administrator to add members to a Stewardship Organisation. Members must already be users of the Registry to be ...
Creating and managing workgroups
Creating a new Workgroup You have to be an Administrator to add a new Workgroup 1. Go to “Administrator Tools” at the bottom of the Dashboard side menu. If you do not see the "Administrator Tools" option in the sidebar, you will not be able to create ...
How to create a Collection A Collection is a way to group metadata together to produce a taxonomy. You have to be a Steward of the Stewardship Organisation to create a Collection 1. Go to a Stewardship Organisation page, and select the tab 2. ...
How to create alternative name types
Alternative name types can be applied to all metadata items managed within the Stewardship Organisation you create the alternative name type in. How to create a new alternative name type: 1. Go to the Stewardship Organisation you want to create an ...
How to publish a metadata item Publishing is making metadata visible to a group of people without requiring endorsement, it can be done by any Steward of the Stewardship Organisation the item belongs to. 1. Go to an item page 2. From the "Actions" ...
Aristotle Metadata Community
The Aristotle Metadata Community is a place where professionals dealing with data and metadata management from government, academia and the private sector can share their metadata knowledge.
Check out the Aristotle Metadata Community today!