How to create and link glossary items
How to Create and Link Glossary Items
A Glossary Item is a commonly used business term that may not be well understood outside of the Organisation. It's useful to record Glossary Items so that when an uncommon term or piece of jargon is used in a definition, the meaning of this term can be captured and linked within the Registry.
How to create a Glossary Item
1. Go to
from your Dashboard side panel or from the dropdown in the header bar.
Scroll down to "Glossary Item" and select
2. Complete the Name and Definition fields in Step 1. Once done, select Next.
3. In Step 2, you can refine the Definition and add additional content like References from the Names & References tab. You are also able to add a Workgroup that the item is going to belong to. If you do not select a Workgroup in this step, once the item is saved it will be available in your Sandbox.
How to link a Glossary Item to other items
1. Go to the item that you would like to link a glossary item to
2. From the Actions bar, select Open Item Editor
3. In the Editor Screen highlight the word to be linked to the glossary item and select the icon
4. Search for the name of the Glossary Item and click OK to create the link between the item and the Glossary Item
5. Don’t forget to click save changes on the item after linking the Glossary Item
Once a Glossary Item is linked, you'll be able to hover over it in the item page and see a brief description of the item. If you select "...see more" you will be taken to the Glossary Item's item page.
How to create and link quality statements
How to Create and Link Quality Statements A Quality Statement is a summary of the key issues to be aware of when using the data. It has seven categories to be taken into consideration, Institutional Environment, Relevance, Timeliness, Accuracy, ...
My Sandbox This is the place items sit that you've created that haven't been submitted for review, added to a Workgroup or been registered. Access your Sandbox Go to on the Dashboard side panel. What you can do in your Sandbox This is an example ...
Creating metadata items
How to Create Metadata Items To get to the creation wizards, go to “create metadata” on your dashboard side panel, or the creation tool in the header bar and select “see all…” Data element and data element concept wizards Wizards help make metadata ...
How to delete metadata items
How to Delete Metadata Items From the Sandbox All Users can delete items in their Sandbox at any time 1. Go to My Sandbox from your Dashboard side panel 2. Select the button next to the metadata item you want to delete Metadata that is Registered ...
Viewing related items and graphs
Viewing related Items and graphs Related items From an items page you are able to view items that are related to the selected item. To view related items 1. Go to an item page 2. Select thetab 3. From here you can view the items that are related to ...
Aristotle Metadata Community
The Aristotle Metadata Community is a place where professionals dealing with data and metadata management from government, academia and the private sector can share their metadata knowledge.
Check out the Aristotle Metadata Community today!