Content policies - how to control the editing and deletion of content
Content Policies - How to Control the Editing and Deletion of Content
What are content policies?
Content policies are a feature that allows registry administrators to better control users' actions around the editing and deletion of content. It allows registry administrators to allow or deny editing and deletion to different classes of users, such as preventing or allowing Stewardship Organisation administrators from deleting registered content.
What is ‘deleting’ content in Aristotle Metadata Registry?
As the Aristotle Metadata Registry is intended to be an authoritative record of all the ‘business intelligence’ around data, content cannot be permanently deleted from the registry. However, in order to facilitate the maintenance of an up-to-date registry, Aristotle supports the soft deleting of content, which removes it from display in the registry. Soft deleted items can be restored if they are required again.
How to enable content policies in Aristotle
This action can only be performed by a registry administrator.
1. Go to the ‘Aristotle Cloud Dashboard’ from your user sidebar
2. From the Aristotle Cloud Dashboard, click on the ‘View registry settings’ button
3. From the bottom of the Registry Settings page – tick the content policies that you want to enable and untick the content policies that you want to disable
4. Save the changes
How to delete content from the item page
1. Locate the item that you want to delete
2. From the item action tab, click on ‘Delete item’
3. From the confirmation page, click on the Delete button to delete the item
How to delete content directly from a workgroup
You can also delete content directly from a workgroup that you are a member of.
1. Click on the delete button from the ‘Item actions’ dropdown menu
2. From the confirmation page, click on the Delete button to delete the item
How to restore deleted content
There are two ways you can view and restore deleted content in the registry: from your sandbox, and from your workgroup.
1. From the metadata page of a workgroup you are a member of, click on the ‘View Deleted Metadata’ button
2. From the Item actions dropdown button, click on the ‘Restore item’ tab
3. From the confirmation page, click on the Restore button to restore the item
Opening the editor for a metadata item This section applies to logged in users with permission to edit metadata When viewing an item, click the “Actions” button in the top right of the screen to open the Actions menu, then select “Open item editor”. ...
How to delete metadata items
How to Delete Metadata Items From the Sandbox All Users can delete items in their Sandbox at any time 1. Go to My Sandbox from your Dashboard side panel 2. Select the button next to the metadata item you want to delete Metadata that is Registered ...
How to customise a registry
Customise a Registry In this article, we are going to go over how to customise a registry by changing the visual settings in the registry, like adding a custom logo or changing the colour of the header and footer, and also changing and editing ...
Downloading Content Within the registry there are many places where you can download content, a few notable places include: from a search page, browsing content, an individual item page and from your Sandbox. Bulk downloading content You can bulk ...
Favouriting and tagging content
Favouriting and Tagging Content How to favourite content Favouriting an item is like bookmarking an item to make it easier to find. You can Favourite items from several locations: From an item page From "Browse" From your Sandbox To favourite an ...
Aristotle Metadata Community
The Aristotle Metadata Community is a place where professionals dealing with data and metadata management from government, academia and the private sector can share their metadata knowledge.
Check out the Aristotle Metadata Community today!