How to create alternative name types
Alternative name types can be applied to all metadata items managed within the Stewardship Organisation you create the alternative name type in.
How to create a new alternative name type
1. Go to the Stewardship Organisation Homepage you want to create an alternative name type in.
2. Go to and select 'Alternative Name Type'. 3. Select
and enter all the required fields.
- Title: required field, e.g. Short name, Technical name
- Definition: optional field, allows user to provide a description of the alternative name type
- Max length: required field, value range from 1-256, restricts user to create an alternative name of length greater than the max length
- Visibility: required field. This sets which group in the registry can see this alternative name type. Available options are:
Stewardship Organisation and
4. Once the alternative name is saved you will be able to view, edit and delete the alternative name type.
How to add alternative names to a metadata item
Make sure the item belongs to the Stewardship Organisation in which the alternative name type has been created 1. Go to a metadata item and from the 'info bar', select and thenfrom the dropdown 2. Click to create an alternative name for the item ...
Creating and maintaining a stewardship organisation
Creating and Maintaining a Stewardship Organisation How to create a Stewardship Organisation You have to be an Administrator to add a new Stewardship Organisation 1. Go to “Administrator Tools” at the bottom of the Dashboard side menu 2. Select ...
How to add members to a Stewardship Organisation
How to add members to a Stewardship Organisation You must either be an Administrator of the Stewardship Organisation or a Registry Administrator to add members to a Stewardship Organisation. Members must already be users of the Registry to be added ...
Creating and managing workgroups
Creating a new Workgroup You have to be an Administrator to add a new Workgroup 1. Go to “Administrator Tools” at the bottom of the Dashboard side menu. If you do not see the "Administrator Tools" option in the sidebar, you will not be able to create ...
How to publish a metadata item Publishing is making metadata visible to a group of people without requiring endorsement, it can be done by any Steward of the Stewardship Organisation the item belongs to. 1. Go to an item page 2. From the Actions bar ...