Dataset groupings are the capacity to create groups within datasets, allowing users to organise the distributions within datasets into a familiar folder-based approach. Dataset groups can store any number of distributions or other dataset groups, enabling collection of similar distributions.
Additionally, the dataset groups may also remind users of the Collections in Aristotle, which have been used extensively for grouping distributions and datasets. There will also remain the option to include distributions in the root level of the dataset, without any groups, similar to the current implementation of the dataset distribution structure.
This is a tree structure will aid high-level interrogation of the data assets.
- These groupings help to improve the search functionality. Searching of the distribution in the large datasets is now much easier after the introduction of the groupings.
- These groupings help user to have a more organised ways while working with the datasets that contains a lot of tables.
- The organisational structure is akin to a file and folder structure and, therefore, will be a familiar mode of organisation.
- The updates will decrease the loading times experienced by users with extensive datasets. They will make the navigation and interrogation of datasets easier and more dynamic.
How to create the dataset groupings?
- 1.Go the dataset where user wants to create the grouping and click on "open editor".
- 2.Navigate to "components" tab, Scroll down to the "Distributions and Groups" section .
- 3.Click on “Add” to create a new distribution group and enter name and definition for the group.
- 4.Scroll down to add distributions to this group.Please Note: One distribution will belong to one distribution group.
- 5.Once all the required distribution is added to the groups, Click on “Save Changes”.