Home Page Editor
You need to be an administrator to be able to edit the Home page configuration.
The Home Page Editor enables you to customise the homepage of your registry, giving you the power to personalise its appearance and content. This tool allows for specific adjustments, including modifying layout elements, adding or removing sections, and incorporating relevant content. By utilising the Home Page Editor, you can create a distinct and engaging user experience for visitors to your registry's homepage.
- 1.Navigate to the "Aristotle Cloud Dashboard" located on the 'My Dashboard' page. Please note that this option will only be visible to administrators of the registry.
- 2.Click on the "Homepage Editor" button.
- 3.There are two options for editing the Homepage configuration: you can either use the 'Edit Homepage using the safe editor' button or the 'Edit Homepage using HTML editor' button.
- 4.The 'Edit Homepage using HTML editor' option gives you the capability to add the HTML code to modify the homepage. However, if you prefer not to use HTML, you can choose the 'Edit Homepage using the safe editor' option.
- 5.For example, this is how the home page currently appears.
- 6.I have an example homepage HTML code that I would like to use to customise my registry's homepage.
- 7.To do this, I will navigate to the 'Aristotle Cloud Dashboard' from the 'My Dashboard' page and click on the 'Homepage editor'. From there, I will select 'Edit Homepage using HTML editor' and paste my code.
- 8.Click on 'Preview Changes' to see how your code affects the appearance of the homepage, and click on "Save Custom homepage" to save your changes.
- 9.Scroll down a bit, and you will find five checkbox options.
There are two high-level categories:
Mode: The first two options are related to the mode. You need to select one of the two options: safe mode or Unrestricted mode.
- Safe mode has a list of allowed tags, which are provided below:"
'a', 'abbr', 'acronym', 'b', 'blockquote', 'br',
'code', 'col', 'colgroup', 'del', 'em', 'h1',
'h2', 'h3', 'h4', 'h5', 'h6', 'hr',
'i', 'img', 'ins', 'li', 'ol', 'p',
'strong', 'sub', 'sup', 'table', 'tbody', 'td',
'th', 'thead', 'tr', 'u', 'ul', 'area','caption',
The system only accepts the above provided code in 'Safe mode'.
- If you intend to use other HTML tags, choose the 'Unrestricted mode'.
Embedding: The remaining three checkbox options are related to embedding, determining the amount of space occupied by the custom homepage on the main page. You are required to select one option from these three checkboxes.
The meaning of the last three checkboxes are:
- Display homepage without any wrapping - If we choose to display the homepage without any wrapping, it will only show the HTML code and will not display the header, footer, or any default homepage content. Keep in mind that the links are customisable. Refer to the screenshot below to see how the registry homepage appears.
- Wrap homepage in Aristotle header & footer - This option retains the header, footer, and the HTML, while removing the default homepage body content. Refer to the screenshot below to see how it looks.
- Embed homepage in standard Aristotle Page- This will embed the customised HTML within the default homepage design, confined to a box rather than the full screen. Refer to the screenshot below to see how it appears.
You can customise the homepage using the 'Edit Homepage using the safe editor' button as well, without the need for HTML code. You can write text, create links, add images, and more. It might not look the same without HTML design. Refer to the screenshot below to see how it appears in the safe editor.
After making your changes, remember to save the custom homepage.