- You must be an Administrator to add custom fields.
- Custom Fields are Registry wide.
Custom fields allow you to add an attribute to metadata items that aren't included in the ISO 11179 standard. For example, a pluralised name for Object Class is a common custom field not available in the standard.
- 1.Go to 'Administrator tools' from your Dashboard side panel, and select
2. You will be navigated to the page showing 'Select a model to edit Custom Fields for'.
3. Select whether you want to add a custom field to 'All' metadata item types:
Or, a specific metadata item type:
In this example, we are going to add a custom field for a 'plural' to an Object Class.
6. Add a Name, the Type of data stored in the field, the System name used for API's, and Help text (if required to describe the field).
7. You can also add in the 'Visibility' for this custom field - who is this custom field going to be visible to? And, the 'State' - this can be used to be disable the field and to prevent people from using it.
You can add multiple custom fields by selecting
To save your Custom fields, select
Once your Custom Fields are saved, they will show now up in the
tab when creating or editing an item.